- 9/25/17: Job announcement: The Critical Reader is seeking an editorial assistant. While some of the work can be done virtually, candidates must be available to meet at our office in Midtown Manhattan (next to the F train). Full description and requirements are available on the Jobs page.
- 9/24/17: The Complete Guide to ACT English, 3rd Edition, will be available on Amazon in the next several days. In the meantime, it’s available for purchase through the Books page.
- 9/8/17: GRE Vocabulary in Practice is now available on Amazon.
- 9/5/17: The Ultimate Guide to SAT Grammar, 4th Edition, and The Critical Reader, 3rd Edition, are now available on Amazon.
- 8/23/17: Review copies of GRE Vocabulary in Practice are now available. You can contact us with your shipping information (US and Canada only) are if you are interested in receiving a complementary book. Serious reviewers only please.
- 7/5/17: A list of ACT questions from the 2016-17 Official Guide, categorized by question type and test, is available for download on the page for The Complete Guide to ACT English, 2nd Edition. Please note that the same tests are used in the 2017-18 guide, so this document can be used with the new edition as well.
- 7/3/17: An SAT/ACT Reading quiz with mixed question types, and a vocabulary-in-context quiz are now available on the Quizzes page.
- 6/23/17: Attention GMAT students: beginning July 11th, test-takers will be able to choose the order in which in which the sections appear on their exam. In addition, the 2018 Edition of The Official GMAT Guides (main guide + verbal and quantitative guides) have been released. Note that only 15% of the material has been changed from the 2017 versions. I will be updating the question lists in The Complete GMAT Sentence Correction Guide to reflect the new material as soon as possible. In the meantime, I have added a preview of the current edition (introduction, idioms chapter, and sample questions + explanations).
Call for sample essays
- I am seeking students interested in submitting sample essays for inclusion in my forthcoming AP English Language and Composition Edition of The Critical Reader. I am particularly interested in rhetorical analysis and synthesis essays. Copies of the beta version, which covers the multiple-choice reading, can be purchased through CreateSpace. Please note: this is the only AP Comp guide that is specifically designed to reflect the contents of the current exam. As of June 2017, all of the major commercial test-prep books still contain question types that were eliminated from the test in 2014.