One of the most-common issues that many SAT-takers face, particularly in Critical Reading, is the seeming randomness of many of the answers. While I do agree that the College Board occasionally does in fact come up with a set of answers choices that are uniformly awful, this is actually a pretty rare occurrence.
- There is no extra credit
- There is no partial-credit
- The College Board does not care if the right answer was your second choice
- The College Board does not care if the answer you picked made sense to you
- The College Board does if ‘that’s not how you would have said it’
- You cannot go to the College Board and wheedle a higher grade